Director of the Main Library mgr Elżbieta Edelman senior qualified curator Annex No. 1 to the "Regulations for the use of collections and services of the Main Library of the Maritime University of Szczecin" (Ordinance No. 42/2018 of the Rector of the University of Szczecin from 24/10/2018)
FOR THE USE OF COLLECTIONS AND SERVICES OF THE MAIN LIBRARY
OF THE MARITIME UNIVERSITY OF SZCZECIN.
Whenever the regulations refer to:
1) Library - it should be understood as the Main Library of the Maritime University of Szczecin,
2) students - it should be understood as students of the first, second and third degree studies,
3) University - it should be understood as the Maritime University of Szczecin,
4) user - it should be understood as a person using the services of the Library,
5) universities of Szczecin - it should be understood as public higher education institutions with headquarters
in Szczecin (excluding branches, non-resident basic organizational units
and non-local didactic centers located in Szczecin),
6) thesis - it should be understood as a master's thesis, engineering or bachelor's thesis
and the diploma thesis of the student of postgraduate studies,
7) regulations - it should be understood as "Regulations for the use of collections and services of the Main Library of the Maritime University of Szczecin",
8) identity card - it should be understood as an identity card, passport or driving license,
9) The Maritime University network - it should be understood as the Maritime University's computers and devices connected in order to: exchange data, use common devices, common software and databases,
10) SNJO Reading Room - it should be understood as a reading room located in the Foreign Languages Learning College.
II. ENTITLED TO USE LIBRARY SERVICES
The right to use the Library's collections has:
1) students of fist-cycle and postgraduate studies at the Maritime University of Szczecin,
2) Maritime University of Szczecin employees,
3) participants of courses organized by the University's training units,
4) students of universities of Szczecin,
5) employees of Polish Maritime Shipping – PŻM (Polska Żegluga Morska),
6) listeners and employees of Szczecin maritime schools with has a cooperation agreement which the University,
7) other people.
III. PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
1. The administrator of personal data of users of the Main Library is the Maritime University of Szczecin.
2. As part of the Maritime University's library and information system, personal data of persons using the system are processed, such as name, surname, PESEL number, address, telephone number, e-mail address, student’s credit book number, type and status of the reader (type of study, year of study, major).
3. The University has the right to process personal data of people using library services for the period required by the law on the obligation to collect and storage of archival materials and non-archival documentation, including in particular until the claims are time-barred.
5. Employees of the Library provide users with an information clause regarding the processing of their personal data in the places of obtaining such data.
IV. USING THE LENDING ROOM
Exclusions from borrowing
1. The following library materials of the Library are not eligible for rent:
1) publications published before 1945,
2) collections of the reading rooms,
3) special collections (standards, electronic documents, databases, manuscripts of unpublished scientific and research works, thesis),
4) library materials imported through interlibrary loans,
5) library materials intended for internal use of the Library.
2. Library materials referred to in paragraph 1, are made available in the reading rooms.
3. In justified cases, the Director of the Library may exclude from sharing at the Lending Room materials not mentioned in the paragraph 1 due to their value, uniqueness, condition or periodically increased readership.
Signing up to the Library
1. The lending process is serviced using a library electronic information system, in which each user registered in the system has an individual access account (library account).
2. The right to use the Lending Room collections has those, who have an active access account.
3. Activation of the access account follows the user's signing up to the Library .
4. When signing up to the Library, the user pays a deposit for borrowed library materials, with the exception of students and employees of the Maritime University of Szczecin, students of other universities of Szczecin, PŻM employees and listeners and employees of Szczecin maritime schools with whom the Maritime University has an agreement on cooperation, signs a declaration confirming knowledge of its powers and obliging to comply with the Regulations and a statement, agreeing to the passage of a deposit in favour of the University in the cases specified in § 18 para. 3-4, and turns out:
1) Maritime University of Szczecin students - student ID Card,
2) Maritime University of Szczecin employees - identity card, whereby the Library confirms the fact of employment in the Personnel Department),
3) participants of courses organized by the Maritime University of Szczecin training units - identity card, whereby the Library has previously received from these units a list of course participants,
4) students of other universities of Szczecin - the up-to-date interlibrary card issued by the library of the parent university,
5) PŻM employees - identity card and document confirming that they are employees of PŻM,
6) students of Szczecin maritime schools - student ID or ID card and document confirming the fact that they attend such a school,
7) other people - identity card.
5. The amount of the deposit for borrowing library materials is set out in Annex No. 1
to the Regulations.
6. The rules for the return of the deposit, the proceeding against the unclaimed deposit and cases when the deposit is not refundable, are governed by Chapter VIII of the Regulations.
7. The Electronic Student's Identity Card (ELS) serves as a library card. Allows users to use the Lending Room and all reading rooms.
8. Each user with an active access account, without the University's ELS, receive identifier in the form of a library card.
9. If the library card is lost, the Lending Room issues a duplicate.
10. For the issue of the library card and its duplicate, fees are charged in the amount specified in Annex No. 1 to the Regulations. The exceptions are the University employees and students enrolled on the basis of an interlibrary card issued by another university of Szczecin, who do not pay a fee.
Giving the Library collections on loan
1. Library materials are ordered by users in the library system - by using an access account to this system.
2. Library materials can be given on loan for the following periods:
1) for a period of 180 days,
2) for a period of 31 days,
3) for a period of 7 days.
3. The following rental limits apply:
1) University students and employees - up to 20 copies for 180 days (including SNJO Reading Room),
2) participants of courses organized by the Maritime University's training units - up to 5 copies for 180 days, however not longer than the duration of the course,
3) listeners and employees of maritime schools of Szczecin which have an agreement on cooperation with the Maritime University of Szczecin and students of other universities of Szczecin - up to 5 copies for a period of 180 days,
4) PŻM employees - up to 5 copies for 180 days,
5) others - up to 3 copies for a period of 31 days.
4. The library may shorten the loan period in case of increasing the demand for specific library materials.
5. If it is necessary to borrow library materials for a period longer than indicated in the Regulations, the user should ask for the loan period extension. Such extension will take place provided that these materials have not been previously reserved by another user.
6. It is allowed to extend the loan period once for the second same period. In justified cases, the Director of the Library may decide to extend the loan period further.
1. Users using the Lending Room services should, at every request of an employee of the Library, provide an identifier, i.e. a library card, an interlibrary card or ELS, respectively.
2. Documents referred to in paragraph No. 1, do not give up to another person. Breaking this provision results in depriving the right to use the Library services of both the owner of the document and the person unlawfully using it.
3. In case of losing a library card, interlibrary card issued by the Maritime University of Szczecin, changing the name or address, user should immediately notify the Lending Room staff.
4. Users are required to:
1) respect borrowed library materials and protect them against loss or damage,
2) carry out the return of borrowed library materials on time or legalize the extension of the loan period,
3) settle accounts with the Library by returning borrowed materials, paying any fees referred to in § 8, or fulfilling the obligations referred to in § 9.
5. The fact of settling with the Library by the Maritime University of Szczecin employees and students is confirmed on the clearance slip.
Returning the library materials after their due date
1. In relation to persons who do not respect the deadline for returning library materials, the Library applies the following sanctions:
1) suspension of loans until the liabilities are settled,
2) depriving the right to use the Lending Room in a situation when it is impossible to enforce the return of library materials and the calculated fees or compensations are not paid,
3) payment for overdue return of library materials.
2. The amount of fees for overdue return of library materials is set out in Annex 1 to the Regulations.
3. If the library materials are not returned within 3 years from the agreed date of return, irrespective of accrued fees for delayed return of these materials, a compensation fee is charged for them as for lost materials, and the provisions of § 9 apply.
Damage or loss of borrowed library materials
1. In the case of damage or loss of borrowed library materials, the user should:
1) buy an identical copy or its latest edition or
2) deliver another copy, which is on the book market, indicated by the Lending Room staff or
3) pay a compensation fee for damage or loss.
2. In case of damage or loss of a part of a multi-volume library material, the user is obliged to pay the whole value of this material.
3. The method of determining the compensation fee is set out in Annex No. 1 to the Regulations.
1. Students of the University may obtain an identifier in the form of an interlibrary card, entitling them to use collections of other libraries of Szczecin (West Pomeranian University of Technology, University of Szczecin, Pomeranian Medical University, Academy of Art, Pedagogical Library of West Pomeranian Voivodeship). Obtaining an interlibrary card does not absolve students from the obligation to pay any library fees charged by these units.
2. The interlibrary card is issued free of charge for the period of study and is valid for 1 year.
3. In order to extend the validity of the interlibrary card, the user should obtain a confirmation of the return of library materials in the libraries referred to in paragraph 1
which he used in a given academic year
4. The obligation to confirm the return of library materials and to account for libraries also applies to:
1) students who have been granted a dean's leave,
2) students who have been struck off the list of students.
5. If the interlibrary card is lost, the Library issues a form on which the owner of the lost card should obtain written confirmation of the settlement of his account in all libraries mentioned in paragraph. 1.
6. A student who has obtained the confirmation referred to in paragraph 5, a duplicate interlibrary card can be issued for a fee.
7. The amount of fees for issuing a duplicate of the interlibrary card is set out in Annex No. 1 to the Regulations.
V. THE USE OF THE READING ROOMS
1. As part of the unified library and information system of the Maritime University of Szczecin, following reading rooms operate:
1) Multimedia Reading Room,
2) Books Reading Room,
3) Periodicals Reading Room,
4) Scientific Information Reading Room,
5) SNJO reading room.
2. In all the reading rooms free access to the collections is obligatory, subject to the provisions of Chapter VII on unpublished works.
3. Readers using the reading rooms are obliged to show the librarian on duty at his request, identity card, student ID card, school ID card or library card for identification purposes.
4. Users enter in the book of visitors their status (university employee, university student, outside person), , in addition students and employees of the University enter their faculty.
5. The collections of the reading rooms may be used only on-site, subject to paragraph 6.
6. In the reading rooms, with the exception of the reading room of SNJO, books, magazines and instructions shall be made available only to the Maritime University of Szczecin staff and students, after completing the reverse, in order to be copied for own use, in accordance with the applicable law on copyright related rights.
7. Persons using the reading rooms are obliged to maintain silence and personal culture and to put off mobile phones for that time.
8. To specific reading room can order needed library materials located in other reading rooms of the main Library.
9. The User may use the books and other materials brought with him after prior notification of this fact to the librarian on duty.
10. Users should take care to preserve the adopted arrangement of collections on shelves and return library materials in undamaged condition and report missing gaps to the librarian on duty.
11. Failure to comply with the provisions of this chapter result in permanent or temporary loss of the right to use the reading room.
12. The Maritime University of Szczecin is not responsible for the private property of users, left unattended.
The use of computers in the Library's reading rooms
1. Computer sites in the Library's reading rooms are intended for scientific-research and educational purposes
2. Computer equipment may be used only accordingly to its destination
3. Before commencing work, the user is obliged to check the condition of the equipment and report any irregularities to the librarian on duty.
4. After completing the work, user should delete all entered data, log out from and bring the workplace to its initial state.
5. Computer users are prohibited from:
1) making changes to the system settings,
2) installing computer programs (including games),
3) deleting installed programs,
4) use, sharing and dissemination of content protected by copyright and related rights and launching computer programs that mediate in it,
5) dissemination, sharing and use of materials that are against the law, morality and ethics,
6) impersonate other users or other computers,
7) monitoring links, eavesdropping and scanning of network traffic or ports,
8) attempting to use protected resources without permission,
9) deliberate and unwarranted charging of the connection,
10) sending Spam,
11) use of computers to conduct commercial activities,
12) hindering or preventing other users from using the Maritime University's network or accessing its resources, disorganizing the work of other users of the University's network,
13) touching screens of the computer monitors.
The system of interlibrary loans
1. Users can use collections of other national and foreign libraries through interlibrary loans.
2. Interlibrary loans are provided only if the Library does not have in its collection the materials you need.
3. The library does not bring library materials from a non-resident library another library in Szczecin have them in its collection.
4. The right to use interlibrary loan services are entitled students and employees of the Maritime University of Szczecin.
5. Ordering library materials by means of interlibrary loans is made in the Books Reading Room.
6. Collections brought from other libraries are made available only on-site in the Books Reading Room for period of time specified by the library from which the materials are imported. All costs associated with the procurement of materials are covered by the ordering party.
7. Collections from the Library resources are loaned out to other libraries for a period not longer than 1 month.
VI. INFORMATIONAL AND BIBLIOGRAPHIC ACTIVITIES
Informational and bibliographic services
1. Librarians performing duties in reading rooms and the Lending Room are obliged to:
1) provide users with information on the use of the Library's and other libraries' collections,
2) provide users with advice on the forms and methods of using all types of library documents,
3) help users in choosing the right literature based on computer databases,
4) assist users in conducting bibliographic searches and documentation by indicating the appropriate sources of information.
2. The library prepares bibliographic information free of charge on subjects raised by the University's academic teachers.
VII. HANDLING UNPUBLISHED WORKS COLLECTED IN THE LIBRARY
The scope of sharing
1. manuscripts of unpublished scientific and research works collected in the Library and doctoral thesis and thesis from the last 5 years can be made available to users only on the following terms. They are not, in the meaning of the Regulations in force, library materials.
2. To those listed in paragraph 1 typescripts are not included published research papers, which are scientific achievements in the framework of proceedings for obtaining the degree of habilitated doctor, i.e. scientific monographs and scientific articles, which are treated as library materials made available on general principles.
The way of sharing
1. The works referred to in § 15 (1) are made available only to Maritime University of Szczecin employees, students and graduates in reading rooms.
2. The works are made available to:
1) in the case of doctoral and diploma thesis - subject to the author's consent to share the work and additionally:
a) Ph.D. students of the Maritime University of Szczecin, who are not its employees - based on the authorization of a supervisor or scientific supervisor who is an employee of the Maritime University,
b) University students - based on the authorization of a thesis supervisor or scientific supervisor,
c) employees of the Maritime University who are not academic teachers, for business purposes - based on the consent of the manager of the division in which they are employed,
2) in the case of scientific research - subject to is not classified.
3. The pattern of the application form for making unpublished works available is attached as Appendix 2 to these Regulations.
4. The shared work can only be used on the site in the Scientific Information Reading Room.
5. It is forbidden to photograph and copy thesis.
VIII. RULES OF PAYMENT FOR LIBRARY SERVICES
Types of fees and methods of payment
1. Library services are generally available and free, subject to paragraph 2.
2. Fees can be charged:
1) in the form of a deposit for borrowed library materials,
2) for issuing a library card and its duplicate,
3) for issuing a duplicate of the interlibrary card,
4) for overdue return of library materials,
5) for written notification concerning overdue return of library materials,
6) for damage or loss of library materials (compensation fee).
3. Fees for overdue return of the borrowed library materials are calculated starting from the first day following the due date.
4. The amount of fees and the method of their calculation is specified in Annex No. 1 to the Regulations.
5. The amount of fees referred to in paragraph 2 points 4 and 6, respectively calculates or specifies the Library.
6. Fees shall be paid at the Main Cash Desk of the Maritime University of Szczecin or at the cash desk of the Library, located at the Lending Room.
7. Proceeds from fees referred to in paragraph 2, are intended for library purposes, i.e. for the purchase of collections and library materials.
Return of the deposit
1. The return of the deposit shall be made at the time of settlement and signing out from the Library on the basis of proof of payment, at which the librarian of the Lending Room confirmed the fact of settlement.
2. The return of the deposit is made at the Main Cash Desk of the Maritime University of Szczecin after issuing the payment order by Bursar's office.
3. After 3 years from settling with the Library or completing the course - the unclaimed deposit is transferred to the Library as a donation.
4. In the event of failure to meet the deadline for returning the borrowed materials and not paying the associated fees - the deposit is not refundable and passes to the Library as compensation for loss of library materials and unsettled due fees.
Payment investigation before a court
In the case of failure to pay due fees, the University may enforce its claims in court.
IX. FINAL PROVISIONS
Complaints and applications
Complaints and applications regarding the Library's services are submitted to the Rector of the University.
Announcement and compliance with the Regulations:
1. The Director of the Library provides the Regulations, including information on fees for the Library's services,
to the attention of users by placing it in visible and generally available places in reading rooms and the Lending Room and on the Library's website.
2. The use of library collections is tantamount to acceptance by the user of the rules of these Regulations.
3. Users are obliged to read and comply with the provisions of these Regulations.
FEES FOR LIBRARY SERVICES OF THE MAIN LIBRARYOF THE MARITIME UNIVERSITY OF SZCZECIN1. Deposit for borrowed library materials - PLN 100.2. Fee for issuing a library card or its duplicate - PLN 5.00.3. The fee for issuing a duplicate of the interlibrary card - PLN 10.00,4. Charges for late return of library materials:1) borrowed for a period of 7 days - 0.50 PLN for each day of delay,2) borrowed for a period of 31 days - PLN 0.20. for each day of delay,3) borrowed for 180 days - PLN 0.10 for each day of delay.5. Fee for written reminder of library materials that were not returned on time - PLN 5.00for every prompt sent.6. Compensation fee for damage or loss of library materials - the amount of compensation due results from:1) the valuation made by the Lending Room employee of lost library materials according to current market prices or according to the value these materials have for the Library or2) from the costs of the requested photocopying service in the bookbinding of a particularly valuable library item - based on the invoice paid by the University.7. If the law imposes an obligation to tax the tax on goods and services, the fees set out in this Annex include this tax (gross value of the fee).