3. IEEE XploreAccess to the database only within the Maritime University of Szczecin network
We encourage you to use the IEEE Xplore database, containing publications in the fields of computer science, electrical engineering, electronics and related sciences. The IEEE Xplore database contains IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers) and IET (Institution of Engineering and Technology) publishings. Provides access to over 3 million full-text journal articles and conference materials. Base subject-matter: aerospace, automotive engineering, biomedical science, earth sciences, nanotechnology, ocean engineering, robotics, wireless connectivity.Instructions for searchingTraining videos4. IMDG CodeAccess only in the Scientific Information Reading Room (room 505) at computer site no. 7
International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code - a guide for the safe transport of dangerous cargo by sea.5. IMO-Vega DatabaseAccess to the database is only possible after obtaining the login and the password
Full-text database containing conventions, codes, resolutions established by the International Maritime Organization (IMO). Details on the structure, operation and documents adopted by the IMO are available on the Organization's website.
It is a full-text database of books of world-wide publishers from many technical fields. This database is enriched with interactive tables, tables with equation and graph plotter, chemical structure search engine, spreadsheets etc. (additional icon appears next to the title). Books can be browsed by clicking on the "Subject area" - all titles are displayed alphabetically - or search by the "Search" or "Advanced Search" option.
Access to the database is possible from a home computer. To do this, you need to create your personal account on a computer working within the Maritime University of Szczecin network with the domain of a student e-mail address @am.szczecin.pl.
The next logging in can be performed outside the Maritime University of Szczecin network.
Recently, Knovel has added two large reference databases to its resources:
1. Fluids Material Data Sheets - a new database containing properties of nearly 6 150 liquid materials such as lubricants (with 18 subcategories), coolants and solvents.
2. Ceramics Material Data Sheets - a new database containing properties of 8,678 ceramic materials, including Ceramic, Aerogel, Boride Carbide, Ceramic Matrix Composite, Clay, Concrete, Glass, Glaze, Halide, High Temp Ceramic Resin, HydrideMachinable Ceramic, Nitride Oxide, Phosphide / Pnictide, Piezoelectric, Potting / Casting Ceramic, Slurry, Sulfide / Chalcogenide.Quick Start GuideTraining videos
7. Morski Wortal (Maritime Vertical Portal)Access to the database is only possible after obtaining the login and the password
A professional internet platform consisting of a collection of information about Polish ports and fishing harbours along with maps and port regulations, shipping and shipbuilding. It also contains tele-address data of about 3,000 companies related to maritime affairs.8. Science Direct (Elsevier)Access to the database only within the Maritime University of Szczecin network
A full-text database containing a collection of Elsevier journals and electronic books. Elsevier electronic journals are available from 2010 as part of the national academic license, which was extended for 2016. From the middle of 2015, some of Elsevier's books are also available under the same license.
Currently, the base offers access to 2,290 journals and 2,519 titles of books from fields such as:
chemistry, chemical engineering, physics, earth sciences, astronomy, mathematics, computer science, energy, economics, business and management, environmental protection, biological, social and other sciences. The database is available on the ICM server of the University of Warsaw.9. Science on-lineAccess to the database only within the Maritime University of Szczecin network
The base offers:
- network access via Highwire, a modern internet platform that supports magazines
issued by scientific associations in the USA
- access to the full contents of issues, including the section 'Peer-reviews' (Research Articles + Reports)
and the 'News' section not available in other consortia / databases
- access to archival issues (full texts since 1997 and abstracts - from October 6, 1995)
- access to full texts of all articles cited or exchanged in Science,
being part of the Highwire collection (760 journals)
- extensive search options in the entire magazine's content since 1996
- an interactive system of linking articles, quotes.
Materials are made available free of charge:
-Science, Science Classic, Science Signaling, SAGE KE, lists contents of the current and archival number
-Science, Science Classic, Science Signaling, SAGE KE, abstracts and abstracts
-Science Supporting Online Material
-Science Technical Comments
-ScienceCareers.org with Next Wave and GrantsNet
-ScienceNOW stories published in the last 4 weeks10. ScopusAccess to the database only within the Maritime University of Szczecin network
Scopus is an interdisciplinary database produced by Elsevier of abstracts and citation from journals in the field of mathematical-natural sciences, technical, medical and humanities. Scopus covers over 19,500 publications titles, including over 18,500 peer-reviewed journals (of which over 1,800 are available in the Open Access ), over 400 commercial publications, 300 book series, and 250 conference reports. The database contains 46 million bibliographic records, of which 25 million have citations up to 1996, 25 million patent records, and indexes 315 million scientific websites. More than half of the journals in the Scopus database come from outside the USA.11. Sea-web Ships